SERVICOM is an acronym derived from the words SERVICE COMPACT. Compact is a formal agreement between two or more people. In this case SERVICOM is a Service Compact (Agreement) between the Federal Government including all its organs and the Nigerian people.
SERVICOM was established in March, 2004 with a focus on improving the quality of life of citizens for better development. The establishment of SERVICOM Office in different Institutions, Ministries and Agencies is a commitment to provide the public service in Nigeria with respect, courtesy, honesty and professionalism.
The Objectives of SERVICOM are:
- Learn the principles, ideals and tenets of Service Delivery in Government Establishments.
- Develop mechanism for collating all complaints, both internal and external.
- Institute a framework for resolving and escalating all unresolved complaints, including obtaining feedbacks from the complainants.
- Assist the Staff to understand the need for Service Excellence.
- Assist staff to take personal responsibility for customer satisfaction.
SERVICOM is hinged on four main principles:
- Affirmation of commitment to the service of the Nigerian nation
- Conviction that Nigeria can only realize her full potential if citizens receive prompt and efficient services from the state
- Consideration for the needs and rights of all Nigerians to enjoy social and economic advancement
- Dedication to deliver services to which citizens are entitled, timely, fairly, honestly, effectively and transparently.
- SERVICOM Unit at University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital is concerned with timely, fairly, honestly, effectively and transparent delivery of services to the Patients, Students and Members of Staff of the Hospital.